[Cubicweb] cubicweb on docker

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu May 23 21:12:09 CEST 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Philippe Pepiot wrote:
> So, from my configuration files and scripts, I started a new project called
> "docker-cubicweb" providing useful base docker images suitable for any
> project using cubicweb.

Nice!

> What do you think about pushing theses images to the official docker hub
> under the logilab namespace ?

+1

> * Images including cubicweb are about ~300MB, this is mostly due to the
>   dependency on "dot" utility from the graphviz package which pull a lot
>   of packages. This is used to display graphs in /schema, I wonder if we
>   could use something else here ?

One option would be not to generate this on the server side and let
the client draw a diagram from the schema. Maybe this is a UI
component to add to Laurent's cwclientelements
https://bitbucket.org/laurentw/logilab-cwclientelements

And we could keep the graphviz-generated version in a "cubicweb
toolset", like the "cubetk" from Laurent (the other one).