[Cubicweb] a script to save you time during development/project cleaning: autocommit the fixes of autopep8 so you don't have to do it by hand

Laurent Peuch cortex at worlddomination.be
Tue May 7 11:49:47 CEST 2019

On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 09:26:21AM +0200, Arthur Lutz wrote:
> Am in favor of choosing having a massive apply of this
> autocommitautopep8 strategy. Maybe we need to select the cubes which
> have a sufficient test coverage (or some other criteria) in case things
> get broken.
>
> Have you come across problems introduced by this approach or is it just
> when you're stuck in the middle of an series ?

Denis found a situation where an autopep8 patchs for only one pep8
error introduced another one in the middle of a serie. This is due to
the "one error category per commit", autopep8 works by launching the
pep8 tools, parsing its output and stop once pep8 doesn't return
anything (or after 100 launch I think) so in a single-patch approach
it would have fixed this newly created error.

But a single-patch approach makes things harder to review :/ (if we
really wants to review them)

> For the 2300 patches, it could indicate that we have to "deprecate" or
> retire some projects that aren't used anywhere any more.

Very possible, I've managed to download 200 projects on the CW forge
by guessing the mercurial urls.

--

Laurent Peuch -- Bram