[Cubicweb] [RFC] folding yams, rql and logilab-database into the cubicweb repository

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde at logilab.fr
Tue Mar 22 09:11:13 CET 2016

Nicolas Chauvat a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 05:00:23PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
>> >One possible downside is that this move would discourage use of
>> >rql/yams/lgdb outside of cubicweb.
> Indeed.

I'm not sure this would actually discourage the *use* of these projects
outside CubicWeb as long as we also keep distributing them separately.
If it remains possible to, e.g, apt-get install python-yams, then people
would still be able to use them as a dependency for their project. On
the other hand, working with sources of these projects would imply
pulling CubicWeb's source repository. Given the tight coupling we have,
this "constraint" is sane IMHO as it should enforce consistency of
possible changes in these projects with CubicWeb.

--
Denis Laxalde
Logilab         http://www.logilab.fr