[Cubicweb] Preview with ViewerJS in CW

St├ęphane Bugat stephane.bugat at free.fr
Tue Mar 29 07:01:05 CEST 2016

Hi World!

Back (and glad to be back) in CW community for another project!

This today's issue: how to preview some files (like PDFs) in a CW view
using ViewerJS?

As far as I understood: the usual way to use ViewerJS is to install it
on the server side, and add "ViewerJS/../#" to the base of the URL of
the file that has to be previewed.
However, in CW, downloadable URL's for files do not correspond to an
actual "place" on the server, and this seems to fail with a kind of "bad
resource location".

So my question is: is there a 'simple' other way to deal with it? I saw
that there is for instance a cache mechanism for thumbnail images that
could be templated for that... But I don't know if this is the right way
to do it, and moreover I'm still wondering if this does not create
permission issues?

Stephane