[Cubicweb] [RFC] folding yams, rql and logilab-database into the cubicweb repository

Julien Cristau julien.cristau at logilab.fr
Wed Mar 16 17:00:23 CET 2016

Hi,

for various reasons, there is a strong coupling between cubicweb on one
side, and rql/yams/lgdb on the other.  This makes it necessary to have
all of these in fairly strict version sync, which causes pain each time
this is necessary (i.e. pretty much at every major cubicweb release).

We think it would make a lot of things easier if they all lived in the
same source repository, with a single version number.  One possible
downside is that this move would discourage use of rql/yams/lgdb outside
of cubicweb.  I don't think those hypothetical uses warrant making
cubicweb development more painful (and in the case of lgdb, I would tend
to think nobody should base a new project on it).

Does anyone see any other downsides to this plan, or have strong
objections?

Thanks,
Julien