[Cubicweb] A Query API experiment

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Tue Jun 10 17:23:15 CEST 2014

On 10/06/2014 16:42, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 04:28:31PM +0200, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
>> A few month ago (at the first cw sprint of the year), I presented a
>> slide on what a query API could be like.
>> [...]
>
> Thank you for sharing this work.
>
> I find RQL more readable and I have never been a fan of SQLAlchemy's
> query/ORM API, but it is very good that people try new ways of doing
> things with CubicWeb... and maybe I will see the light and learn to
> like it ! :D
[...]

There are some situations where a Query builder would be useful, if
only for programmatic reasons (see e.g. RqlQuery in
web/views/editcontroller).

I think having something like this in the *core* would be of some
value. But of course I'd advocate playing with it as is before taking
any long-term binding decision.

Nitpick: I'd prefer ".filter()" to be spelt ".where()", but it's just
me.

Regards,
Aurélien.