[Cubicweb] [pyramid] need feedback on current implementation

aurélien campéas aurelien.campeas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:10:29 CEST 2014

Hi Christophe,

> Hi everyone !
>
> I would like to release shortly (ie, before next cubicweb pilot comity in
> two weeks) a first version of pyramid_cubicweb.
>
> The primary goal of this release is to be able to start any cubicweb
> instance as a pyramid application that takes care of authentication and
> session management. The secondary goal is to make easy and natural for any
> cubicweb developer to try all that.
>
> So I need some feedback !
>
> To try pyramid_cubicweb with your existing 3.19-based instances, you have
> to :
>
> - get pyramid 1.5+ installed, along with pyramid_debugtoolbar and all
> their dependencies [*]
> - get pyramid_cubicweb in your PYTHONPATH (http://hg.logilab.org/review/
> pyramid_cubicweb)
> - update your cubicweb repo to 4effb4fcafee
> - run "cubicweb-ctl pyramid -D INSTANCE"
>
> From there, try to find what is going wrong, and we will work together to
> make it work properly. It should be almost transparent, except for
> persistent sessions. Expect (and report!) issues with non-default
> authentication modes.
>
> [*] This is probably the most tricky part, please don't give up!
> I personally use a virtualenv to install pyramid and do a "setup.py
> develop" in pyramid_cubicweb, along with the grshell-cubicweb and adequate
> CW_MODE, CW_CUBES_PATH and PYTHONPATH on top of the virtualenv.
> Note that once we have pyramid 1.5 in the debian backports life will be
> easier.
> It would also get easier for me or others if cubicweb was "setup.py
> develop" friendly but one thing at a time.

I did spend some time in July to build a confman based configuration using
the cubicweb guestrepo
and adding the pyramid parts + the cubicweb-pyramid bridge.

If you've got the "cubicweb-ctl pyramid ...." command working, that would
make it usable for real :)
(The paster thing makes it unusable from the sources)

I'll try to find a couple hours next week to test it, and a couple more to
review it.

Regards,
Aurélien.