[Cubicweb] Integrating CubicWeb views into Pyramid (long)

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Aug 6 10:56:56 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 12:51:48AM +0200, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> For point 2), I am not aware of examples were the weight variation
> is actually important in the selection process.

As you may have seen, in the current system, the weight is computed
and returned by the predicate at evaluation time.

If I understood correctly what you suggest, the weight would have to
be an attribute of the predicate that could be used at
startup/registration time to order the objects in the registry.

I am not saying the current system has to be kept that way, it is good
to discuss and re-evaluate all design decisions from time to time. I
am just pointing things out in order to help the discussion make
progress.

Search for "return score" in cubicweb/predicates.py to get examples of
predicates that will return different weights depending on the
context.

http://hg.logilab.org/master/cubicweb/file/tip/predicates.py