[Cubicweb] OrbUI - CubicWeb latest development

Celso FLORES celso.flores at crealibre.com
Fri Mar 8 19:53:53 CET 2013

Hi List,

Just to inform you about this year advances on CubicWeb from this part of
the globe.

A Global KMS
************

You probably know we specialized on Knowledge Management Systems,
consulting and developping.

For the last 5 months we have been working on developping a global KMS for
multinational client, and forming a small team of their programmers to
Python,
Linux, Mercurial and CubicWeb.

Most of our OrbUI and CubicWeb development in the last months relates to
this project.

OrbUI
*****

On OrbUI we have been working on:

- Forms to add relations to an Entity with Autocomplete and Accordion
effects.
- Reledit enhancement (still no integration of inlined edit)
- Facets CSS
- CSS Cosmetics for Widgets (Boxes)

You may test the latest on orbui.com with

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/crealibre/orbui

We have also a pretty good start on MultiLingual Content,
based on the idea or i18ncontent. Our plan is to continue working on this
for the
next two months and create a stable solution, that will be of course
shared.

Hopefully, a OrbUI 1.0 would see the light on this summer.

Security Assessment On CubicWeb
*******************************

Recently, we had a Security Assessment from our Client to our CubicWeb
application.
Small issues were found and only a critical one related to Cross Site
Scripting XSS.
We have already worked on this XSS issue and will be sending you a proposal
fix
to integrate it on CubicWeb Core.

We will share also a version of this Assessment Security to the CubicWeb
main
developpers, and probably work a common agenda to work on some uncritical
findings
(mostly with Password Management) that will be nice to fix.

We are preparing this document.

By the way, Thank you all for the help offered in your emails, while
passing this Assessment.

***

Finally, Congratulations to the CubicWeb Community for the latest prizes,
from Etalab and Stanford.

Three words:

Keep them comming.

Saludos,