[Cubicweb] trustedauth: cannot get it to work

Julien Cristau julien.cristau at logilab.fr
Tue Jul 16 16:57:02 CEST 2013

[please reply-to-all]

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 16:51:27 +0200, Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos wrote:

> Le 16/07/2013 16:39, Julien Cristau a écrit :
> >Is your web server configured to set the X-Remote-User header field on
> >requests it forwards to cubicweb?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Julien
>
> It should be: the sysadmins are fully aware of that X-Remote-User
> header field.
>
> I will have to check again. Do you know if there is a way to check
> whether the header field is present, for example using Firefox?

You can't debug that from the client, since this is all between apache
and cubicweb.

Your debug log contains:

2013-07-16 14:21:13 - (cubicweb.appobject) DEBUG: web authenticator building auth info
2013-07-16 14:21:13 - (cubicweb.appobject) DEBUG: encoding info for None

which as far as I can tell means there's no x-remote-user header,
though.  See
http://hg.logilab.org/master/cubes/trustedauth/file/c26b9d268046/views.py#l48

Cheers,
Julien