[Cubicweb] multiple CubicWeb instances and authentication

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Fri Jul 26 08:22:27 CEST 2013

Hi,

It have now understood how to have CubicWeb delegate authentication to
Apache (CubicWeb/trustedauth), and how to have Apache delegate
login/password management to CubicWeb (Apache/mod_authn_dbd).

The above works fine in the case of a single CubicWeb instance.

In the case of multiple CubicWeb instances, how to use the same CWUsers
in multiple CubicWeb instances? Even putting aside Apache, trustedauth
and mod_authn_dbd, do we have to delegate authentication to an external
database such as LDAP? Could we manage CWUsers in a central CubicWeb
instance that would be somehow used by other CubicWeb instances?

Cheers,
--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay