[Cubicweb] trustedauth: cannot get it to work

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Tue Jul 16 16:28:47 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I'm unable to get cubicweb-trustedauth to work.

I have created a custom application cube for our Brainomics/Imagen
server. As far as I can tell this cube is making use of
'cubicweb-trustedauth':

$ cat /usr/share/cubicweb/cubes/imagen/__pkginfo__.py
[...]
__depends__ =  {'cubicweb': '>= 3.16.1',
                 'cubicweb-brainomics': None,
                 'cubicweb-trustedauth': None,
}
[...]
$
$ cat /etc/cubicweb.d/imagen/bootstrap_cubes
# this is a generated file only used for bootstraping
# you should not have to edit this
imagen,trustedauth,brainomics,medicalexp,genomics,neuroimaging,orbui,questionnaire,card
$

The Apache front-end is aware of my 'dp165978' identifier: I'm able to
log in and get past Apache using that identifier. I have also defined
such a user in CubicWeb using the CubicWeb shell:

 >>> create_entity('CWUser', login=u'dp165978', upassword=u'test')
<Entity CWUser 1684 ['surname', 'last_login_time', 'firstname',
'upassword', 'creation_date', 'cwuri', 'login', 'modification_date'] at
94373648>
 >>> rql('SET U in_group G WHERE U login "dp165978", G name "users"')
<resultset 'SET U in_group G WHERE U login "dp165978", G name "users"'
(1 rows): [1684, 5]>
 >>> commit()

Yet CubicWeb does not recognize my identifier and displays the following
error message:
	authentication failure

But could be going wrong?

Here is some more additional information:

* Screenshot of the error message:
ftp://anonymous@ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/cubicweb/failure.png

* Logging in as "admin" directly from CubicWeb just after
Apache-CubicWeb login failure:
ftp://anonymous@ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/cubicweb/admin.png

* User "dp165978" is known to CubicWeb:
ftp://anonymous@ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/cubicweb/dp165978.png

* Output of "cubicweb-ctl start -D imagen":
ftp://anonymous@ftp.cea.fr/incoming/y2k01/cubicweb/cubicweb-ctl_start.log

--
Dimitri Papadopoulos
CEA/Saclay