[Cubicweb] folder cube : filed_under cardinality question

Olivier CAYROL olivier.cayrol at logilab.fr
Tue Oct 11 08:47:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

Le 10/10/2011 21:57, aurélien campéas a écrit :
> Imo this is an oversight (quite surprising to me) and should be fixed.
>
> 2011/10/10 Florent Cayré <florent.cayre at gmail.com
> <mailto:florent.cayre at gmail.com>>
>
>     However, the filed_under RelationType uses default '**' cardinality,
>     which means that a Folder can have more than one parent.

Maybe this is to model the cases that have several classifications. For
example:

D       is Document "Les travailleurs de la Mer" (of Victor Hugo)

F_hugo  is Folder   "Victor Hugo's books"

F_h     is Folder   "Authors whose name begins with a H"

F_guern is Folder   "Authors that lived in Guernesey"

F_sea   is Folder   "Books about the sea"

D      filed_under F_hugo

D      filed_under F_sea

F_hugo filed_under F_h

F_hugo filed_under F_guern

Therefore, the document D is filed_under 2 different folders, and the
folder F_hugo is also filed_under 2 different folders.

But I believe one of the CubicWeb mentors will have a better answer.

   O. CAYROL.
--
Olivier CAYROL                                  LOGILAB - Paris (France)
                                                Olivier.Cayrol at logilab.fr
Python / CubicWeb, Informatique Scientifique, Gestion et Partage d'Infos
Python / CubicWeb,  Scientific  Computing,   Info Management and Sharing