[Cubicweb] Create cube command

Tony Theodore tonyt at logyst.com
Thu May 6 09:54:40 CEST 2010

On 6 May 2010 16:15, Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02 mai 05:09, Tony Theodore wrote:
>> On 2 May 2010 04:11, Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr> wrote:
>> > On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 04:05:47AM +1000, Tony Theodore wrote:
>> > easy_install/pip support is experimental at the moment. Please report
>> > your problems on this list to help us get it right.
>>
>> easy_install worked fairly well, I just had to:
>>
>> install gecode
>
> gasp...

I only mention it since I didn't see it in the docs

>> change the name in setup.py from Yapps to yapps2 in the file from
>> http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/yapps/yapps2.1.1.tar.gz
>
> easy_install didn't grab the packaged version we made available on our ftp
> site?

It didn't previoulsy, but does now. I tried the import you suggested
below and got an error with yapps. I then `easy_install`ed it again
and the new package works. The new cube command is available and seems
to work.

>> > If you only installed cubicweb and not cubes, it does make sense. Note
>> > that it might be easier to first experiment with the blog or card (aka
>> > wiki) cube.
>>
>> How do I install cubes? I couldn't get hg forest to work, is it simply
>> a matter of cloning or downloading them from http://www.logilab.org/hg
>> and copying to a directory?
>
> Indeed. If you don't have forest, you can download them individually from
> http://www.logilab.org/hg/cubes/... A few of them should be easy_installable
> (blog and comment for instance). The standard directory for cubes is
> /usr/share/cubicweb/cubes, but that's  vary according to your installation.

I can install them, but can't get cubweb ctl to find them. This should
be just a matter of paths, so will be easy to figure it out.

Thanks for your help, I have enough to get started now.

Cheers,

Tony