[Cubicweb] Create cube command

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu May 6 08:15:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 02 mai 05:09, Tony Theodore wrote:
> On 2 May 2010 04:11, Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 04:05:47AM +1000, Tony Theodore wrote:
> > easy_install/pip support is experimental at the moment. Please report
> > your problems on this list to help us get it right.
>
> easy_install worked fairly well, I just had to:
>
> install gecode

gasp...

> change the name in setup.py from Yapps to yapps2 in the file from
> http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/yapps/yapps2.1.1.tar.gz

easy_install didn't grab the packaged version we made available on our ftp
site?

> I then re-installed CubicWeb from source, but I don't think this was necessary.

hopefully not :)

> > If you only installed cubicweb and not cubes, it does make sense. Note
> > that it might be easier to first experiment with the blog or card (aka
> > wiki) cube.
>
> How do I install cubes? I couldn't get hg forest to work, is it simply
> a matter of cloning or downloading them from http://www.logilab.org/hg
> and copying to a directory?

Indeed. If you don't have forest, you can download them individually from
http://www.logilab.org/hg/cubes/... A few of them should be easy_installable
(blog and comment for instance). The standard directory for cubes is
/usr/share/cubicweb/cubes, but that's  vary according to your installation.

> > What is the output of `cubicweb-ctl -h` ? The command `newcube` will
> > appear in that list if it is available.
>
> The command doesn't appear in the list and I couldn't see anything in
> cwctl.py that looked like NewCubeCommand or CreateCubeCommand.

Can you type in a python shell:

  from cubicweb.devtools import devctl

I guess you'll have an import error telling what's missing.