[Cubicweb] Create cube command

Tony Theodore tonyt at logyst.com
Sat May 1 21:09:42 CEST 2010

Hi Nick,

On 2 May 2010 04:11, Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 04:05:47AM +1000, Tony Theodore wrote:
>> I initially used easy_install on OSX, then re-installed from source
>> when it wasn't working. Everything "looks" ok to me:
>
> easy_install/pip support is experimental at the moment. Please report
> your problems on this list to help us get it right.

easy_install worked fairly well, I just had to:

install gecode
change the name in setup.py from Yapps to yapps2 in the file from
http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/yapps/yapps2.1.1.tar.gz

I then re-installed CubicWeb from source, but I don't think this was necessary.

> If you only installed cubicweb and not cubes, it does make sense. Note
> that it might be easier to first experiment with the blog or card (aka
> wiki) cube.

How do I install cubes? I couldn't get hg forest to work, is it simply
a matter of cloning or downloading them from http://www.logilab.org/hg
and copying to a directory?

> What is the output of `cubicweb-ctl -h` ? The command `newcube` will
> appear in that list if it is available.

The command doesn't appear in the list and I couldn't see anything in
cwctl.py that looked like NewCubeCommand or CreateCubeCommand.

$ cubicweb-ctl -h
usage: cubicweb-ctl <command> [options] <command arguments>

The CubicWeb swiss-knife.

Type "cubicweb-ctl <command> --help" for more information about a specific
command. Available commands are :

  create           Create an instance from a cube
  db-check         Check integrity of the system database of an instance
  db-copy          Copy the system database of an instance (backup and restore)
  db-create        Create the system database of an instance (run
after 'create')
  db-dump          Backup the system database of an instance
  db-grant-user    Grant a database user on a repository system database
  db-init          Initialize the system database of an instance (run
after 'db-create')
  db-rebuild-fti   Rebuild the full-text index of the system database
of an instance
  db-restore       Restore the system database of an instance
  delete           Delete an instance
  i18ninstance     Recompile i18n catalogs for instances
  list             List configurations, cubes and instances
  newgapp          Create a new google appengine instance
  reload           Reload the given instances
  reset-admin-pwd  Reset the administrator password
  restart          Restart the given instances
  schema-sync      Synchronize persistent schema with cube schema
  shell            Run an interactive migration shell on an instance
  start            Start the given instances
  start-repository Start an CubicWeb RQL server for a given instance
  status           Display status information about the given instances
  stop             Stop the given instances
  upgrade          Upgrade an instance after cubicweb and/or
component(s) upgrade

Thanks,

Tony