[Cubicweb] Create cube command

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Sat May 1 20:11:07 CEST 2010

Hi Tony,

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 04:05:47AM +1000, Tony Theodore wrote:
> I initially used easy_install on OSX, then re-installed from source
> when it wasn't working. Everything "looks" ok to me:

easy_install/pip support is experimental at the moment. Please report
your problems on this list to help us get it right.

> $ cubicweb-ctl list
> CubicWeb 3.8.1 (system mode)
>
> Available configurations:
> * twisted
>     web instance (in a twisted web server) client of a RQL server
> * repository
>     standalone RQL server
> * all-in-one
>     repository and web instance in the same twisted process
>
> No cubes available in
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.1/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb-3.8.1-py2.6.egg/share/cubicweb/cubes
>
> No instance available: registry directory
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.1/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cubicweb-3.8.1-py2.6.egg/etc/cubicweb.d
> doesn't exist
>
> The messages about having no cubes or instances seem to make sense in
> a new install.

If you only installed cubicweb and not cubes, it does make sense. Note
that it might be easier to first experiment with the blog or card (aka
wiki) cube.

What is the output of `cubicweb-ctl -h` ? The command `newcube` will
appear in that list if it is available.