[Cubicweb] running the web frontend and cw backend as 2 separate processes on the same machine

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Thu Jun 10 20:31:25 CEST 2010

Hello,

I  have a CW instance running on a 2 CPU computer. Because of the GIL, I
cannot really benefit from the 2 CPUs. Since CubicWeb can be setup to run on 2
computers, one running the web frontend and the other one running the CW
server itself, I was wondering if it was possible to use a similar setup, on a
single machine, and if so, how would this be set up. I don't expect a x2 perf
improvement, but even 20% would be good news.

If this is not supported, maybe it could be considered, since multi core
computers are common these days. I'm pretty sure something can be done with
some environment variable hacking, which I could probably use to see the
status of the GIL contention  vs. pyro call overhead tradeof.

What do you think?

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services