[Cubicweb] Installation issue: dependence problem involving python-rql

Marko Loparic marko.loparic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 22:58:44 CET 2010

On 22 December 2010 11:28, Julien Jehannet <julien.jehannet at logilab.fr> wrote:
> [referring to the office machine] python-rql_0.27.0-1 not available in our hardy repo but I don't know why.
> However, packaging for hardy is really a pain (due to a lack of recent
> tools) and I'm in favor of not supporting it anymore since Ubuntu 10.04.1
> (Lucid Lynx) is the new LTS.

I will do the upgrade as suggested.

> [referring to my home machine] I suspect you're trying to install hardy binary package which mentions
> libgecode8.

Exactly, good guess! Using the lucid repo the only problem is that
python-rql requires libgecode19, not available in ubuntu 10.10. I have
downloaded and installed libgecode19_3.2.1-1_i386.deb and the
installation went fine.

Meanwhile we had the great news that Alexandre will come give us a
3-day course of cubicweb in January! So I sort of postponed my Xmas
project of playing with cubicweb. I will just try to get things
installed.

I will continue write here my progresses more as a feedback of a user
that would like to get things running and without dedicating much
effort. It is not a help request anymore since Alexandre will
come...:-)

After installing cubicweb, I tried the tutorial

http://docs.cubicweb.org/tutorials/base/index#tutorial

Trying

  sudo cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog

it failed first, apparently because postgresql was not installed. Trying

  apt-cache search postgresql

I saw the name "cubicweb" scrolling. It was
cubicweb-postgresql-support, I installed it without problems. Running
the cubicweb-ctl command again I got the traceback below. I will stop
here for today and try to advance on a another evening.

Thanks a lot Julien and Aurélien for the help!
Marko

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cubicweb-ctl", line 4, in <module>
    run(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/cwctl.py", line 961, in run
    CWCTL.run(args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/logilab/common/clcommands.py",
line 128, in run
    sys.exit(command.main_run(args, rcfile))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/logilab/common/clcommands.py",
line 254, in main_run
    self.run(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/cwctl.py", line 394, in run
    helper.postcreate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py",
line 192, in postcreate
    CWCTL.run(['db-create', self.config.appid, '--verbose=%s' % verbosity])
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/logilab/common/clcommands.py",
line 128, in run
    sys.exit(command.main_run(args, rcfile))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/logilab/common/clcommands.py",
line 254, in main_run
    self.run(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py",
line 315, in run
    dbcnx = _db_sys_cnx(source, 'CREATE DATABASE and / or USER',
verbose=verbose)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py",
line 126, in _db_sys_cnx
    cnx = system_source_cnx(source, True, special_privs=special_privs,
verbose=verbose)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py",
line 108, in system_source_cnx
    return source_cnx(source, system_db, special_privs=special_privs,
verbose=verbose)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/cubicweb/server/serverctl.py",
line 88, in source_cnx
    **extra)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/logilab/database/__init__.py",
line 97, in get_connection
    port=port, extra_args=extra_args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/logilab/database/postgres.py",
line 83, in connect
    cnx = self._native_module.connect(cnx_string)
psycopg2.OperationalError: could not connect to server: No such file
or directory
	connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?