[Cubicweb] Installation issue: dependence problem involving python-rql

Julien Jehannet julien.jehannet at logilab.fr
Wed Dec 22 11:28:26 CET 2010

> * Aurélien Campéas <aurelien.campeas at free.fr> [21-déc.-2010 21:16]:
> Le 16/12/10 21:40, Marko Loparic a écrit :
> >Hi again,
> >
> >Great, thanks for the prompt reply!
> >
> >On 16 December 2010 12:15, aurélien campéas<aurelien.campeas at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >>Hardy is old indeed and it is likely a missing package pb.

python-rql_0.27.0-1 not available in our hardy repo but I don't know why.
However, packaging for hardy is really a pain (due to a lack of recent
tools) and I'm in favor of not supporting it anymore since Ubuntu 10.04.1
(Lucid Lynx) is the new LTS.

> >>If you can stick to a recent Ubuntu release it will help a lot I believe, since there may
> >>be some roadblocks to build this package for Hardy ( the actual issue with rql is that
> >>it tries to use gecode ( a c++ constraint solver ) and the gecode that ships on Hardy is
> >>old. The logilab.constraint package can be used alternatively when using a source based
> >>environment).
> >
> >It is a good reason to make the upgrade. Before doing that I decided
> >to try in my home machine which has Ubuntu 10.10. I also get a
> >dependency problem
> >
> >python-rql : Depends: libgecode8 but it is not installable
> >               Depends: python (<  2.6) but 2.6.6-2ubuntu1 is to be installed
> >
> >Do you suggest something? (Command-line session below)

I suspect you're trying to install hardy binary package which mentions
libgecode8.

Please try to update from our lucid repository instead:
	http://download.logilab.org/debian/lucid

Or manually (depending of your architecture):
	curl -O http://download.logilab.org/debian/lucid/python-rql_0.27.0-1_i386.deb

Hope it can help,
--
Julien JEHANNET                                          LOGILAB, Paris (France)
http://www.cubicweb.org                 CubicWeb, le cadriciel du web sémantique