[Cubicweb] CubicWeb as a reflection tool

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Sun Dec 19 13:20:02 CET 2010

John,

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 05:45:55PM +0100, Aurélien Campéas wrote:
>> I think I have been mistaken here, because I have used folder by adding the storage types
>> I want inside it.  Should I instead have defined them in the cube using the folder?
>> If so I need to find out how to do that.
>
> The documentation lacks examples but an interesting starting point could
> be the cubes tracker/forge. Forge builds on tracker. You will find there
> lots of typical idioms on how this can be achieved.

http://hg.logilab.org/cubes/forge/file/8d0efe1cb626/schema.py

As you can see, forge extends the cube tracker.

Tracker defines the entity Project and forge extends that definition
by adding several attributes to Project: homepage, vcsurl, reporturl,
downloadurl, etc.

It also adds constraints to the relation 'Project uses Project', it
makes Project workflowable, etc.

With CubicWeb this is the way you are expected to work if you want to
reuse existing cubes as much as possible and reduce your future work
related to the changes of the cubes you build upon.