[Cubicweb] Forms Handling CW 3.3.0

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Jun 12 14:42:45 CEST 2009

On 10 juin 09:46, Carlos Balderas wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Carlos,

> I am working in the look of my application, how can I change the creation
> and edition part of an entity?.
> In some cases I just want to change the fonts and colors of the fields, I
> was thinking in overwrite classes in the style-sheet

sounds like a good approach.

> and some other cases I
> would like to make a new form with some jquery functionality, thinking in
> creating a new creation a edition entity form.
>
> I read in your latest blogs that you have improved the way of handle forms
> in the new version of CW, where can a see an example of this new features?

we're using a form/field/widget/renderer model. Base classes are in cw/
web/views/forms.py
web/formfields.py
web/formwidgets.py
web/views/formrenderers.py

I recommand to take a look at the formfields and formwidgets module to see
what's available (until we update the book to include doc about this new
form system). You'll find some example usages in cw/web/views/ (grep is your
friend). We could probably help more if you come here with a more precise
task...

Hope that helps,