[Cubicweb] default database

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu Jul 16 15:54:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 07:05:47PM +0530, Dhaval Sharma wrote:
> Yeah i have taken care of mysql settings but when ever I run
> cubicweb-ctl create rosecube myrose

Please note that you do not need to do "create" every time. There are
also 'cubicweb-ctl db-init' and 'cubicweb-ctl db-create' that do a
part of the setup done by the full 'create'.

create creates the application. Once it is created, change the
db-driver config option to mysql. Then if you only want to scrap the
db because you changed the data model, 'db-create' is enough and that
command will not override the configuration of your application.

> it overwrites the mysql to postgres in sources file, Is there any other
> place where I can tell cubicweb to use myql by default?

Not yet. But postgresql is better, use it instead! ;)