[Cubicweb] views dont refresh

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Sun Aug 2 13:15:03 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 01:52:05PM +0530, Dhaval Sharma wrote:
> Can you share some docmentation with example that really explains the
> orchestra of what is picked up from where? Maybe a data flow diagram or user
> action flow. Need more clarity in creation of web app. Each time I have to
> go to source code or sample cube to find functinoality and so much is hidden

A lot is hidden because we are busy developing applications and
deploying them for clients and lack time to write documentation.

Keep asking questions, we will provide answers and the archives of the
mailing list will be used to update the documentation.

And do not be afraid to grep the code...

When you run `cubicweb-ctl start yourinstance`, cubicweb looks for all
the cubes and components and registers everything in the
registry. When run in development mode cubicweb sees that a file has
changed, it tries to reload it and update the registry. The common use
case is handled well (modifying a view), but some cw fails at some use
cases, like removing a view form a file does not remove it from a
running registry.

Does that help ?