[Cubicweb] [meeting] Report of May 19th meeting

Simon Chabot simon.chabot at logilab.fr
Wed May 20 15:32:05 CEST 2020

Hi list,

    Yesterday we held a new CubicWeb meeting, and we would like to share with
    you what was said during that meeting :

    - some issues have been migrated from cubicweb.org forge to the heptapod
      forge. You can find them here [0]. Only the issues which were in the
      cubicweb-dev-board [1] have been migrated, the others have been estimated
      to old to make their migration worthwhile ;

    - new milestones have been created [2], and some issues have been affected
      to them ;

    - if you want to help out with Cubicweb's development, you can have a look
      to the Issues Board [3], and pick one task in the “To Do” column (this
      task should be related to a milestone) ;

    - CW tests are still failing on the forge, and it's also related to other
      packages that have been released. Fixing those tests is quite urgent now,
      therefore we suggest to fix them in a sprint this Friday afternoon. Feel
      free to join !

    - On main Cubicweb's dependencies (RQL, YAMS, logilab-common, etc [4]), a
      heptapod job has been added to trigger CW's tests with the last version of
      the dependency in the forge and not only the last *released* version on
      pypi. This should help to release new versions of CW's dependencies with
      more confidence. (for now, it only triggers the job, a future version of
      heptapode should provide a better integration of multi-project
      pipelines) ;

    - The documentations of CubicWeb's dependencies are now automatically
      published on readthedocs. The work is in progress for CubicWeb itself ;

    Next week, if the tests are successful, we will talk about a release
    candidate for 3.28.

    Stay tuned :)

    Fabien, Henri, Laurent et Simon.

[0]: https://forge.extranet.logilab.fr/cubicweb/cubicweb/issues/