[Cubicweb] Connection Error on CubicWeb.

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Fri Oct 28 10:10:40 CEST 2016

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:05:07AM +0200, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 01:34:17AM -0500, Celso FLORES wrote:
> > ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', error(104, 'Connection reset by
> > peer'))
>
> From the point of view of the server, the peer (your browser) reset
> the connection.
> [...]
> If it happens again, try to ping or traceroute your server from where
> you run your browser.

Sorry, I rushed a bit to send this email and it will not help you
much. Here is a better answer.

Your traceback says:

  File "/home/crealibre/src/cubes/filemanager/views/report.py", line
  41, in render_entity_attributes
      resp = requests.head(url)

It means you make a call to requests (the python lib to handle HTTP
requests) and expect this call never to fail. If it fails, your app
crashes. That is just what you report.

Wrap this line/block in a try/except to handle the failure cases and
you will be back on track.