[Cubicweb] [RFC] folding yams, rql and logilab-database into the cubicweb repository

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Mar 16 18:09:13 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 05:00:23PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:

> One possible downside is that this move would discourage use of
> rql/yams/lgdb outside of cubicweb.

Indeed.

It would also contribute to make cubicweb even more monolithic, which
I see as a problem.

> I don't think those hypothetical uses warrant making cubicweb
> development more painful (and in the case of lgdb, I would tend to
> think nobody should base a new project on it).

What would people recommend using instead of yams and lgdb ?

My opinion is that removing code is always better than merging two
projects (and that better drawing the line between two
projects/components to make them independent and reduce coupling is
better than merging them).