[Cubicweb] Mercurial branches for CubicWeb

Christophe de Vienne christophe at cdevienne.info
Fri Jun 24 13:08:47 CEST 2016

+1

Bookmarks are actually not a tool for keeping track of branches IMHO,
especially not permanent branches as former versions maintenance
branches. For those, named branches do exactly the job and I see no
drawback using them.

For short term branches (like feature branches), the new 'topics'
feature of hg does a very nice job, much better than bookmarks.

I personally see bookmarks as volatile tags (as opposed to pointers to
branch heads), and in my experience using them for anything else was
deceiving.