[Cubicweb] CubicWeb 3.23 release
denis.laxalde at logilab.fr
Wed Jun 29 14:49:55 CEST 2016
I am pleased to announce the release of CubicWeb 3.23. Many thanks to
contributors of this release which, according to Mercurial, are:
Alexandre Richardson, Arthur Lutz, Aurelien Campeas, David Douard, Denis
Laxalde, Florent Cayré, Julien Cristau, Laura Médioni, Nicolas Chauvat,
Philippe Pepiot, Rémi Cardona, Samuel Trégouët, Sylvain Thénault and
This release comes along with Yams 0.45 and logilab-common 1.2.2.
Main changes in this release are listed below and are also available at
- Python 3.x support in CubicWeb itself is now complete, except for
the twisted package (since Twisted does not completely support
Python 3.x itself). The skeleton for new cube should also be Python
3 compatible, in particular its setup.py got updated.
- The source-sync command can now synchronize all sources in the
database, if no <source> argument is provided.
- Datafeed source synchronization is now asynchronous when requested
from user interface.
- Most indexes and constraints will be rebuilt during the migration,
because they are now named after a md5 hash to control the name's
- Index are renamed upon renaming of an entity type, so they are still
- A new db-check-index command is added to cubicweb-ctl, to display
the differences between the indexes in the database and those
expected by the schema. It's recommended to run this command after
the migration to 3.23 and to adjust things manually for cases that
are not easily handled by the migration script, such as indexes of
entity types that have been renamed. It should be mostly about
dropping extra indexes.
- Deprecated MetaGenerator in favor of slightly adapted API in
MetadataGenerator (more consistent, giving more control to
sub-classes and suitable for usage with the MassiveObjectStore)
- Major cleanups of the MassiveObjectStore and its PGHelper companion
- dropped a bunch of unnecessary / unused attributes
- refactored / renamed internal methods
- added support for a metadata generator, the now recommended way
to control metadata generation
- Deprecated SQLGenObjectStore, MassiveObjectStore should be used
- Generative tests à la logilab-common are not supported anymore in
CubicWebTC. It is advised to use the subtests API (available on
CubicWebTC either from the standard library as of Python 3.4 or
through unittest2 package otherwise).
- CubicWebTC's set_description method (comming from
logilab.common.testlib.TestCase) is no longer available.
More information about the Cubicweb