[Cubicweb] ORM best practices with pylons / pyramid

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Fri Jan 8 09:15:55 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

Le 08/01/2016 00:23, Nicolas Chauvat a écrit :
> I consider this thread interesting to us because it discusses the best
> practices when using pyramid's views:
>
>   https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pylons-devel/g2Lfia7OML8

This is interesting.

It suggests we should go further with the 'cwentities' route traversal
and the resources, so that the context passed to the views does as mush
as it can.

For example, currently, the resources will not fire any RQL request at
traversal (it is done in its 'rset' property, but when called from the
view). We could have the traversal more eager to check permissions and
actually load the resources.

In such a case, I am unsure how pagination should be handled, but I
guess digging the subject will bring answers.

--
Christophe de Vienne
Co-fondateur http://unli.sh