[Cubicweb] [ANNOUNCE] cubicweb 3.22.0

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Tue Jan 5 14:17:02 CET 2016

Hi everyone, and Happy new Year to the CubicWeb Community !!

Le 05/01/2016 10:10, Julien Cristau a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I'm happy to announce the release of cubicweb 3.22.0.

Hurray !

> * data files are regenerated at each request, they are no longer cached by
>   ``cubicweb.web.PropertySheet``.  Requests for data files missing the instance
>   hash are handled with a redirection instead of a direct reply, to allow
>   correct cache-related reply headers.

I guess it solves some caching issues I used to have.

To go further on the subject, I think webassets [1] should be considered
for the future versions. It provides everything needed to implement the
data files in a simpler and more powerful way (think css/js compilation,
both on-the-fly or statically on production environments). I would be
happy to discuss the matter if someone wants to work on it.

> * ``TZDatetime`` attributes are returned as timezone-aware python datetime
>   objects.  WARNING: this will break client applications that compare or use
>   arithmetic involving timezone-naive datetime objects.
>
> * creation_date and modification_date attributes for all entities are now
>   timezone-aware (``TZDatetime``) instead of localtime (``Datetime``).  More
>   generally, the ``Datetime`` type should be considered as deprecated.

Great to see that timezone datetimes are now properly handled !
Good bye monkey patches :-)

Christophe

[1] https://webassets.readthedocs.org