[Cubicweb] Web server hangs when running myblog sample

Celso FLORES celso.flores at crealibre.com
Fri Nov 6 08:46:30 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:19 AM, Terrence Brannon <metaperl at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Terrence Brannon <metaperl at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I created a blog using the tutorial info at
>> https://docs.cubicweb.org/tutorials/base/blog-in-five-minutes.html
>>
>> I opted to use the WSGI webserver and started up the blog by typing
>>
>> cubicweb-ctl wsgi -D myblog
>>
>> When I visited http://localhost:8080/ the browser would not respond for
>> several minutes.
>>

> Using Twisted, it starts up immediately.
>

>> I noticed this message:
>>
>> 2015-11-05 17:24:31 - (cubicweb.web) INFO: Cross origin resource sharing
>> failed: access-control-allow-origin is not configured
>>
>> When I hit "Control-C" then I was finally able to login.
>> However, I do not know where to edit this parameter.
>>
>> When I try to create a new Blog, I am told "this resource does not exist"
>>

> Ah, there is a difference between clicking on the "+" before Blog and
> actually clicking on Blog.

Yes it is, :) .

I find usefull navigating by Browser with Some CubicWeb conventions :

/manage
To see the manage, and sometimes landing page (if a start or index view is
not selected)

/schema
Nice way to start reviewing entities and relations used.

/siteconfig
Where you can see some of the configurations... which you may code into
postcreate.py, so you can have those always on your cube, and not only in
your instance as : ui.site-title

----------------

Concerning Entities CRUD:

CREATION
*/add/blog   *
Will send you to the default Creation Form.

READ
*/blog  *
(that you've already seen) show you the blog or blogs if they exist (or the
"this resource does not exist" message) . It will show you the primary view
if there is only one Entity, or List view, if there is more than one. This
Lists views, will include a paginate function, and fire some facets/filters
automatically.
Any blog (or EntityType)  would use a default format of :
/blog/1535  (or simply /1535)
Where
/entity/eid (eid = internal id given by CubicWeb)

UPDATE
*/blog/1343?vid=edition*
by default add the edition view, started on the modify button.

DELETE
*/blog/1343?vid=deleteconf*

*--------------------------------*

I am pretty novice in programming, but facets seemed quite simple in CW
following the tutorials. I guess more advance functions, could be done in
python and adapted to suit your needs.

---------------------------------

Hope this helps,

wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Terrence Brannon <metaperl at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I created a blog using the tutorial info at
>> https://docs.cubicweb.org/tutorials/base/blog-in-five-minutes.html
>>
>> I opted to use the WSGI webserver and started up the blog by typing
>>
>> cubicweb-ctl wsgi -D myblog
>>
>> When I visited http://localhost:8080/ the browser would not respond for
>> several minutes.
>>

> Using Twisted, it starts up immediately.
>

>> I noticed this message:
>>
>> 2015-11-05 17:24:31 - (cubicweb.web) INFO: Cross origin resource sharing
>> failed: access-control-allow-origin is not configured
>>
>> When I hit "Control-C" then I was finally able to login.
>> However, I do not know where to edit this parameter.
>>
>> When I try to create a new Blog, I am told "this resource does not exist"
>>

> Ah, there is a difference between clicking on the "+" before Blog and
> actually clicking on Blog.
>

>> --
>> Terrence Brannon
>> http://www.metaperl.org