[Cubicweb] Pyramid and REST

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Fri May 15 12:33:53 CEST 2015

Hello Sylvain,

Le 15/05/2015 12:19, Sylvain Thénault a écrit :
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On 15 mai 10:42, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
>> A few questions first:
>>
>> - Is your work limited to the few ajax calls?
>>
>> - Do you intend to use the pyramid views, or do "pure-cubicweb" code?
>>
>> - What is the motivation for doing this changes? Is it only compliance
>> to a standard (which is a good thing), or is there something else?
>
> Rabah is an intern at logilab since last week. He should work on REST interface
> in CubicWeb, and this document as well as making current status closer to REST
> is the first things I've asked him to do.

Ok.

> Of course we'll avoid working on deprecated-or-soon-to-be-deprecated stuff :)
> And also, thoughts on what could be done on this topic are very welcome.

One thing that will need to be done one day is rethink the whole url
schemes of cubicweb, so that we can reimplement them in pyramid-cubicweb
in a sane way, with proper root factories, easy extending by cubes, etc.

And I think this subject is worth a dedicated sprint.

But first we need to push the pyramid-cubicweb implementation a little
further with direct registering of cubicweb controllers (except for the
'view' controller) and views on pyramid routes.

My 2 cents,

Christophe