[Cubicweb] ComputedRelation

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Mon Mar 30 23:05:05 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I just did a few tests with ComputedRelation, and I have a some issues:

-   I could not find a documentation outside the CWEP 2 which is a bit
    light on the matter.

-   The '__permissions__' attribute is ignored. Whatever the value I
    set for the 'read' permission, DBG_SEC reveals that the match is
    always done against `set(['managers', 'users', 'guests'])`.

-   The expression I would like to use requires a 'HAVING'
    clause, which gets lost in the final request. And it is, imo, a big
    limitation if not a bug.

    Is there any chance to add support for the 'HAVING' clause in a
    rule ? If so what delay can I expect it, given that I do not think
    I am in capacity to work on it ?

-   As far as I know there is not, currently, any caching done on these
    computed relations. In our case, it would probably prove useful to
    have one (performance-wise).

    Is there any plan to add such a capability ?

Cheers,

Christophe