[Cubicweb] uiprops

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Mon Mar 30 14:15:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

following a discussion about https://www.cubicweb.org/ticket/5189473, sylvain said,

>> as a side note, provided the uiprops mecanism is kept, I think one could escape
>> to change the logo without having to provide a custom css.
>>
>> Demonstrating the old logo and logo mecanism are still present, which is error
>> prone and should be fixed also.
>
> you mean killing uiprops? Has this been discussed (doesn't mean I'ld disagree
> with such a decision, but it deserves at list an explanation on the list).
>
> Otherwise, I think we should still be able to change the logo through it.

While it has not been decided to kill uiprops, however, with the rise of the
bootstrap-based UI (cubicweb-bootstrap and cubicweb-squareui, both of which are
now used on almost every application in production et Logilab), the future of
uiprops may be discussed.

With bootstrap/squareui, uiprops is not used anymore in main css files, which
means uiprops is de facto being softly killed.

So I propose to deprecate it for 3.21.

--

David DOUARD		 LOGILAB
Directeur du département Outils & Systèmes

+33 1 45 32 03 12	 david.douard at logilab.fr
+33 1 83 64 25 26	 http://www.logilab.fr/id/david.douard