[Cubicweb] [postgis] Enable Postgis extension the right way

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Tue Jun 23 12:05:44 CEST 2015

On 06/09/2015 10:22 AM, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> On 09 juin 09:44, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 09:33:28AM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
>>> Huuum, that's an idea. On my side I feel like the [pre/post]create.py file is
>>> pretty convenient and would keep on going that way for such needs, but I would
>>> be happy to hear other's opinion.
>>
>> What is the problem that [pre/post]create.py solves conveniently?
>
> creating various - installation related - things such as creating workflows,
> setting some properties and all.
>
> IMO having this in an "isolated" python file rather than using the hook machinery
> is good.

[pre/post]create.py are a problem for me, since I more and more often do NOT use
cubicweb-ctl to create the database: I'm using salt to handle database set up for
a cw instance, so any magic stuff done by cubicweb-ctl at database creation time
should be avoided.

--

David DOUARD		 LOGILAB
Directeur du département Outils & Systèmes

+33 1 45 32 03 12	 david.douard at logilab.fr
+33 1 83 64 25 26	 http://www.logilab.fr/id/david.douard