[Cubicweb] remove cancel and apply buttons

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Jun 8 17:53:16 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 04:55:18PM +0200, Rabah Meradi wrote:
> So to remove the button we mustn't use session to store the pending
> operations. As a solution the pending operations can be sent as a form
> parameters.

What are the pendings operations? Adding multiple relations at the
same time using the lower half of the standard form?

> I have implemented this solution but this will change the
> way we use CubicWeb so it will not be integrated (at least not too
> soon).

What is the show stopper exactly?

> (https://www.cubicweb.org/patch/5447484). With this changeset we don't
> use breadcrumbs to retrieve the page where we should go when we hit
> cancel button. The redirect page will be retrieved like this:
>
> - if we hit cancel when editing an entity the redirect url is the url of
> the entity
> - use form parameters to retrieve the redirect url (__errorurl,
> __redirectpath)
> - or return to the home page

Did you think about using an hidden form field to store the redirect
url?

> Do you see if this can introduce regression in CubicWeb? Or if you have
> any comments about this changeset?

Not being able to give a redirect url to a form seems like a
regression, but I guess the best way to appreciate the situation would
be to grep the code base and count in how many places this feature is
used.