[Cubicweb] Restructure the documentation

Julien Cristau julien.cristau at logilab.fr
Tue Jun 23 17:39:49 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jan  8, 2015 at 23:35:23 +0100, Christophe de Vienne wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> At the copil today, we had a quick chat on the documentation structure.
>
> To illustrate what I have in mind, I started to do it in a few patches,
> which includes a start of an API documentation.
>
> See https://www.cubicweb.org/ticket/4832808 and the related patches (on
> the cubicweb-3.20 bookmark).
>
> I think a first acceptable and publishable result can be obtained with a
> few hours of work from a few people who carefully check that everything
> is back somewhere in the new structure.
>
> I would like to have your feeling about this proposition, and know if we
> can make this happen soon, at least with the main modules documented.

So I (finally!) had a look at this, and I like where this is going.  I
rebased the branch, pushed a few minor fixups, and added a comment on
the new index.  I'm not sure of the best way to get from this PoC to the
next stage (where a lot of the doc is not duplicated in the book and API
reference).  That probably means going through all bits and deciding
what belongs in the book vs what should stay/move in doc strings.  It's
possible (likely) we should merge the WIP branch now, and keep working
on it over the next few releases, so we don't block the improvements on
a huge pile of future work.

Cheers,
Julien
--