[Cubicweb] What is update_search_mode() for ?

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Tue Jan 27 23:30:55 CET 2015

Hi list,

While tracking where time is spent in a request handling, I discovered
_CubicWebRequestBase.update_search_mode().

I guess it has to do with searching things, but I am disturbed by 2 things:

- It modify the current session at *each* request handling, meaning
  that even getting a static resource will uselessly access the session,
  which has a cost.

  Could we make CubicWebRequestBase.search_state a property that lazy
  load itself?

  We would then avoid countless useless access to the session data.

- It is a global state, which is bad practice imo.

  How realistic would it be to completely remove it ?

Cheers,

Christophe