[Cubicweb] CubicWeb environment launched by Vagrant and provisioned by Salt

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at logilab.fr
Tue Jan 20 14:55:42 CET 2015

On 20/01/2015 13:38, aurélien campéas wrote:
> I'm rediscovering this mail while cleaning up my mailbox.
>
> Looks nice, I'll test it asap.

Hope you like it.

> What would be awesome also is the same thing with docker.

Sure. We're getting to grips on how to properly do this with docker and
we're not big fans of distributing through docker or pull from docker,
preferring to build our own docker images with our own registry. Who
knows some day we'll publish a registry ... (or do it with rocket
https://coreos.com/blog/rocket/)

Nothing official but you can give a try to the images here :
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/arthurlogilab/cubicweb/
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/arthurlogilab/cubicweb-blog/
or, better, use the Dockerfiles published there.

What would be interesting is to get it to work with the postgresql
docker : https://registry.hub.docker.com/_/postgres/
with the following syntax ::

  docker run --name some-app --link some-postgres:postgres -d
application-that-uses-postgres

and some sort of command like this :

  RUN sed -i -e "s/db-host=/db-host=$POSTGRES_PORT_5432_TCP_ADDR/"
/etc/cubicweb.d/myblog/sources

Arthur