[Cubicweb] work on dataimport stores

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Feb 26 13:33:21 CET 2015

On 26 février 12:38, aurélien campéas wrote:
> If we want to compare comparable things, we should have at least a run
> with hooks explicitly disabled. That's what I do in the first joint diff.

IMO we should include fastimport and RQLObjectStore both with and without
hooks activated. In any case, we should ensure that standard metadatas are
properly set and we could tweak hooks so that e.g. only integrity hooks are run.

> Note that fastimport may appear faster than it should because it is missing
> symmetric relation handling (and I havent quantified its impact, but it
> should
> not be huge).

Probably not.

> With hooks activated (followup diff) the run time explodes. It shows
> how ruthlessly inefficient the cubicweb hook system is currently... but
> nothing that we didn't knew before hand.

I though the point of fastimport was to provide a custom hooks manager
implementation. And that's why I thought we should run the store with hooks
activated (and now that's why we should also add the RQLObjectStore with hooks
activated for fair comparison).

> Note that fastimport precisely gives tools to fine-tune the runnable hooks
> (decide which to skip or which to defer in later transactions) to work
> around
> this general issue.

OK. This should be demonstrated or at least described a bit in the (yet to be
written) "strategy" section.