[Cubicweb] Pyramid_cubicweb & pyramid cube - release soon, need review

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Fri Sep 19 15:31:38 CEST 2014

Le 19/09/2014 15:04, Denis Laxalde a écrit :
> Christophe de Vienne a écrit :
>> Why better ? Because it separates the auto-reloading from the debug
>> mode. More importantly, instead of using repo.reload_if_needed() on a
>> cube source file change, it completely restart immediately the process
>> if _any_ module, the interpreter or the configuration file changes.
>
> Why is this actually better to restart the whole process?

- It works with any change to any source file, including configuration
files -> no more server running on old sources because we are editing a
file which is outside the registry scope.
- It allow to drop all the 'reload' specific code from CW and makes it
simpler, hence easier to maintain and more solid.

Basically, I think a partial reload like CW has today is impossible to
make right. It will work in some cases, at a cost, but will never handle
all changes.

> In practice, I've got into troubles with looping tasks running in the
> middle of this "hard" reload.

They should be restarted as well.
What kind of trouble did you have ?