[Cubicweb] Pyramid_cubicweb & pyramid cube - release soon, need review

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Fri Sep 19 11:58:51 CEST 2014

Le 19/09/2014 10:22, Denis Laxalde a écrit :
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Christophe de Vienne a écrit :
>> I think the pyramid_cubicweb library and the pyramid cube are almost
>> ready for a release.
>>
>> I intend to use them in production in 1 week, 2 weeks max.
>
> We (Logilab Toulouse) started using the pyramid-cubicweb stack last
> week, I'm still experimenting, but overall it's a quite positive
> experience. On Friday, we started investigating on the use of
> templates provided by pyramid.

How did you intend to use them ? from the cubicweb views ? or do you
skip the cw views and write pyramid views ?

A little aside the template question, there is the question of plugging
the cw views in the pyramid registry. It will be the main subject of the
next version of pyramid_cubicweb, and I know what to do as a first step.

> Out of curiosity, how do you intend to put this in production? Using a
> virtualenv + cubicweb sources as you described in an earlier message?

Almost, except I use pip directly in the system python as I install
everything in a docker container.
Using pip allow me to have my dependencies baseline in a single
requirements.txt file (in which I actually put only the pinned-versions
packages).

>> The latest additions are:
>> - Separate the authentication cookie from the session cookie by using
>> AuthTktAuthentication
>
> I commented on this in your patches, as it seems to me that the
> corresponding options should be required.

Thanks for the reviews, I left a question about putting the options
required in the task.

>> - An improved 'pyramid' command that behaves almost like the 'start'
>> command, but better :-)
>>
>> Why better ? Because it separates the auto-reloading from the debug
>> mode. More importantly, instead of using repo.reload_if_needed() on a
>> cube source file change, it completely restart immediately the process
>> if _any_ module, the interpreter or the configuration file changes.
>> There is a drawback (for now): if a syntax error is saved to the disk,
>> the whole process stops, and we need to restart manually.
>
> Great, auto reload was quite missing last week.
>
>> That said, a lot of patches still need review, and I had no feedback
>> aside from the code reviews that were done already.
>
> I will have a look at your patches. And possibly continue using your
> work on a daily basis for application development.

Great, thanks !

Christophe