[Cubicweb] Pyramid_cubicweb & pyramid cube - release soon, need review

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde at logilab.fr
Fri Sep 19 10:22:27 CEST 2014

Hi Christophe,

Christophe de Vienne a écrit :
> I think the pyramid_cubicweb library and the pyramid cube are almost
> ready for a release.
>
> I intend to use them in production in 1 week, 2 weeks max.

We (Logilab Toulouse) started using the pyramid-cubicweb stack last
week, I'm still experimenting, but overall it's a quite positive
experience. On Friday, we started investigating on the use of templates
provided by pyramid.

Out of curiosity, how do you intend to put this in production? Using a
virtualenv + cubicweb sources as you described in an earlier message?

> The latest additions are:
> - Separate the authentication cookie from the session cookie by using
> AuthTktAuthentication

I commented on this in your patches, as it seems to me that the
corresponding options should be required.

> - An improved 'pyramid' command that behaves almost like the 'start'
> command, but better :-)
>
> Why better ? Because it separates the auto-reloading from the debug
> mode. More importantly, instead of using repo.reload_if_needed() on a
> cube source file change, it completely restart immediately the process
> if _any_ module, the interpreter or the configuration file changes.
> There is a drawback (for now): if a syntax error is saved to the disk,
> the whole process stops, and we need to restart manually.

Great, auto reload was quite missing last week.

> That said, a lot of patches still need review, and I had no feedback
> aside from the code reviews that were done already.

I will have a look at your patches. And possibly continue using your
work on a daily basis for application development.

Thank you for your great work!

--
Denis Laxalde
Logilab         http://www.logilab.fr