[Cubicweb] Move sources to a sub-directory

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Mon Sep 1 10:49:38 CEST 2014

On 01/09/2014 09:57, Christophe de Vienne wrote:

> Le 01/09/2014 09:20, Nicolas Chauvat a écrit :
>> I do not expect to use virtualenv (in this life, at least).
>
> You may have more years of python in front of you than you already
> done... so who knows ?
> venv (http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0405/), if not virtualenv
> itself, may look more acceptable to you.
>
>> Will my only solution be to add symlinks or write shell scripts that
>> set up my PYTHONPATH ?
>
> I afraid so.
>
> Aurélien hacked a little tool that build the PYTHONPATH from a
> .pythonpath file in his top-level repository. It may be a solution for
> you too.

It is a temporary trivial workaround waiting for a "solution" and I do
not really want anyone else to go down this road.

I am otherwise extremely unhappy with the move from a sane PYTHONPATH
handling.

This is yet another instance of parts of the Python dev community
understanding only one side of a COST equation and shoving their
(mis-)appreciation through everyone else.

May I suggest that we put this discussion to sleep until we:

* pass an official resolution of intent to break our layouts
* schedule an implementation.

which should happen at the next copil'.

Regards,
Aurélien.