[Cubicweb] Move sources to a sub-directory

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde at logilab.fr
Mon Sep 1 09:37:10 CEST 2014

Nicolas Chauvat a écrit :
>> [...]
>> use symlinks (easy with the grshells). But you do not have to adopt
>> virtualenv.
>> [...]
>> Not using it almost imposes to use confman or guestrespo in
>> situations were it should not be needed.
>
> I am not sure why you relate the current "no-subdirectory" to tools
> that manage multiple hg repositories. The current directory layout was
> setup many years before Mercurial came into the picture.

It seams to me that the "no-subdirectory" issue prevents workflows
relying on "setup.py develop" or virtualenv to work. So the user often
has no other choice than using the grshell approach (or build its
"forest" by hand), see recent questions on the list (for instance:
http://lists.cubicweb.org/pipermail/cubicweb/2014-June/001933.html).

--
Denis Laxalde
Logilab         http://www.logilab.fr