[Cubicweb] Move sources to a sub-directory

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Sep 1 09:20:53 CEST 2014

Hi Christophe,

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 12:56:26AM +0200, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> [...]
> use symlinks (easy with the grshells). But you do not have to adopt
> virtualenv.
> [...]
> Not using it almost imposes to use confman or guestrespo in
> situations were it should not be needed.

I am not sure why you relate the current "no-subdirectory" to tools
that manage multiple hg repositories. The current directory layout was
setup many years before Mercurial came into the picture.

> That said, outside of the "setup.py develop" reason for having a
> subdirectory, here are a few additional good reasons for doing it:
> [...]

I did not understand each of your concerns, but...

> As a conclusion, I would say that the question is not if the layout
> will be changed, but when. And even if I can understand your concern
> about all this packaging issue (which is definitely getting better,
> or less crappy if you like, since last year), I am afraid you are
> right when you say "outnumbered".

... "outnumbered" and "a community is better than no community" are
arguments I understand, so let us say I will live with this change if
it is made.

I do not expect to use virtualenv (in this life, at least). Will my
only solution be to add symlinks or write shell scripts that set up my
PYTHONPATH ?