[Cubicweb] Pyramid_cubicweb & pyramid cube - release soon, need review

Christophe de Vienne christophe at unlish.com
Thu Sep 18 23:09:03 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I think the pyramid_cubicweb library and the pyramid cube are almost
ready for a release.

I intend to use them in production in 1 week, 2 weeks max.

The latest additions are:

- A few unittests

- Separate the authentication cookie from the session cookie by using
AuthTktAuthentication

- Use a server-side store for the session data -> CWSession. Which means
we do have a proper persistent sessions out of the box

- An improved 'pyramid' command that behaves almost like the 'start'
command, but better :-)

Why better ? Because it separates the auto-reloading from the debug
mode. More importantly, instead of using repo.reload_if_needed() on a
cube source file change, it completely restart immediately the process
if _any_ module, the interpreter or the configuration file changes.
There is a drawback (for now): if a syntax error is saved to the disk,
the whole process stops, and we need to restart manually.

That said, a lot of patches still need review, and I had no feedback
aside from the code reviews that were done already.

-> Did anybody tried to run "ctl pyramid" ?
-> Could this be friday sprint subject for logilab ?
-> Could someone have a look at the patches so I can publish them ? (All
the patches that are draft need review)

Thanks,

Christophe