[Cubicweb] CWEP 0004 - Cubes as distributions

Yann Cointepas yann at cointepas.net
Thu Oct 23 22:20:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am very enthusiastic with this CWEP because I have an external point of
view on Cubicweb and I had several painful or annoying experiences with
Cubicweb importation mechanism. Most of the time it was because of a lack
of knowledge about Cubicweb. For instance I discovered that kind of
automatic importation of view/*.py when trying to create a schema in a
Python package with some debug files that should not be imported in all
instances. Being forced to investigate this undocumented behaviour is very
bad for the feeling about Cubicweb (I know other people who share the same
bad feeling about Cubicweb importation, otherwise I would have keep it for
me). Therefore, I strongly believe that Christophe proposal is an important
step to make Cubicweb more easily accepted outside Logilab ecosystem.

By the way, is it in the scope of this CWEP to give some guidelines on how
to organize the documentation for a new fashion cube ?

      Yann