[Cubicweb] CWEP 0004 - Cubes as distributions

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde at logilab.fr
Thu Oct 23 14:13:50 CEST 2014

Christophe de Vienne a écrit :
>> From reading the PEPs, I could also see that the pkgutil/setuptools
>> "namespace packages" feature has limitations, but are they so
>> important that we couldn't give it a try?
>>

> Yes, it is most probably worth a try. But we may run into (solvable)
> issues because of it, so I prefer to say so early.

At least, this would solve point 1 in the list of "problematic
situations". It is not clear to me if this would improve other points as
well.

Also, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to limit a bit the scope of the
CWEP by only addressing a few of the problems you mentioned (for
instance, dependencies and layout issues could be left apart maybe).

--
Denis Laxalde
Logilab         http://www.logilab.fr